Monday, December 9, 2013

My opportunity to thank Prof Arvan


I would like to thank Professor Arvan for his excellent classroom examples and all of the blog feedback. While I has disliked writing blog posts in the past I feel I have learned a lot more doing these blog posts.

I really learned a lot mater wise especially transfer pricing which was asked to me by a company in an interview. This just shows me that all of the topics in class are applicable topics to the real world. In addition, the whole principal agent model makes a lot of sense in terms of how companies choose applicants and visa versa. I am trying to pursue Actuarial science which uses risk management, a topic that we discussed in class. This just shows me the benefits that this class has given me in terms of knowledge about these various topics.

In terms of the excel HW I felt it was easy enjoy to understand in math terms, which helped to really point out what the message of the assignment was. In addition, I enjoyed the graphs, which helped to easily explain the section of the assignment.

Overall, I enjoyed the blogs because they gave me an outlet of my thoughts on these various discussion topics and try to learn from my classmates. In addition, I was able to comment on others topics, which I thought gave my opinions about their thinking. The last the blogs did were to get me thinking about real world applications to the topics only adding to the great opportunities I learned from taking this class.

Thanks again Professor for a great semester and I think that throughout some of my interviews there will be questions concerning some of the topics that I learned about throughout this class.

1 comment:

  1. You were an enigma to me this semester, on the one hand an appreciative student who on occasion said interesting things, on the other somebody who submitted a lot of work late. I hope the former carries over to your work world while the latter doesn't.

    ReplyDelete